Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still in progress

So!

I haven't been posting here for a while.  This was for a variety of reasons, and I first want to assure people that one of those reasons is most assuredly not that I'm getting bored or tired of this project.  I was away for a weekend, then I had company over for a week, and I obviously wouldn't have been a very good host to work on a project while they were here, and then I had some long days at work - I'm a software engineer, so naturally a long day of programming at work will sometimes make me not want to do more programming when I come home.  And then I had more company over last weekend too.

That said, all of that has now passed, and the project is now well underway again.  Which brings me to another reason why I haven't made any posts yet like usual: the territory we're now getting into for this game.  The gameplay aspects of this game that are borrowed from Ace Attorney Investigations (or other sources) are now all implemented.  Boom.  Done.  But that doesn't mean that the gameplay itself is completely implemented, on account of the fact that we also have some brand new gameplay elements specifically designed for this game (three, to be exact) that ZeusAssassin and I have been cooking up that have still yet to be implemented.

Why is this a reason why no posts have been made?  Well, the reason there is basically just expectation control - since the designs of these gameplay features are still potentially in flux, I don't want to post screenshots or something similar and then find out that I'll need to change them.  Promising something that you don't deliver is way worse than not promising something.  So I've been holding these closer to the chest than previous gameplay features I've been implementing.

That said, however, one of those three gameplay features is well underway now, and hopefully should be ready in a few days' time.  Watch this space!

5 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that you managed to keep our work under wraps till now. I can't wait to the grand reveal of the next gameplay mode! Keep up the great work and congrats on pushing through your personal life to continue to work hard on this project.

    Then again, even though you haven't been working too much on the engine this past month, I still wish you said this in the post. Everyone, I'm happy to announce that Gabu and I have been really refining our established cases lately, specifically Case 1. One of my personal goals is to have these cases founded enough so that when Gabu DOES finish the engine, we can go straight into recruiting fan talent and assign quality work to the assembled team.

    I thank all of you following Gabu's blog from Google, YouTube, and Equestria Daily and keeping the hype train up! I only ask that you continue to have great patience as we continue to work on this awesome fan game. ;) We are working our butts off and we are just dying to tell you what we've been working on! Just hang on a bit longer folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new gameplay elements. :D

    Keep up the good work Gabu/ZeusAssassin. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch this SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE !

    Anyway, good luck with all that. Until now, the previews look awesome.

    ALL MY MONEY !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This game looks so awesome. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Game is going to be great keep up the amazing job.

    ReplyDelete